Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Oh Mosella, keep pouring your wine.... (from Old German drinking song, found on Schafer-Reichart Selections website)


I made a new discovery! An importer of Mosel wine approached us months ago when we had a German tasting. A couple of weeks ago he brought a few of his Mosel Ausleses, and they were excellent - and priced right. We're going to get these Ausleses in by July and do a tasting of them with our customers on Thursday August 21.

The importer is Christian Schafer and his company is Schafer-Reichart Selections. Here's their website: http://schafer-reichart.com/ Great wine, nice guy - a nice discovery for us. I tasted through 5 Ausleses from great vineyards - Graacher Domprobst, Brauneberger Juffer Sonnenuhr, Urziger Wurzgarten, Wehlener Sonnenuhr. All very good wines.

German wines are always so exciting. Here's hoping I find as much excitement in wines from other parts of the world.

P.S. In map above, perhaps the explanation why I am so attracted to Germany and German wines: note the proximity of Nancy to the Rhineland. Coincidence? I think not.

5 comments:

Lyle Fass said...

"German wines are always so exciting. Here's hoping I find as much excitement in wines from other parts of the world."

Not in Austria. Not to burst your bubble either. I find Loire Valley and Burgundy are the other "exciting places."

Nancy Deprez said...

LOL hi from Austria! So.... not a fan huh?

Nancy Deprez said...

You won't believe how hot it is here!

Nancy Deprez said...

P.S. I also love French wines so your words are not lost on me.

Samantha Dugan said...

Hey Nancy,
I popped on to see if you had posted anything about your trip yet and saw that you were responding to posts...so I just wanted to say, "hi" and see how the trip is going so far?
Any wines blow your mind? How is the food and what are your travel partners like?
We all miss you and look forward to your return!