Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hosting my first official wine group wine tasting a few days after a marathon

I'm looking forward to hosting a wine group wine tasting just 5 days after I am doing the Long Beach marathon - fun, fun! The topic: German Riesling Kabinett - any vintage. Each person will bring a wine in that category; the wine will be known ahead of time, but on the evening of, I will bag the wines as they come in, label them with a number, and everyone will rate the wines according to preference.

Food: shall I make my famous Chinese noodles? (my mom's recipe) Or roasted turkey legs (to show how well German Riesling Kabinett goes with roast turkey) Or have a cheese plate with plenty of blue cheeses (to show how well blue cheese goes with German Riesling)? Or all of the above?

It's not a dinner, but munchies are always nice when there's wine involved, now isn't that right?

We'll see who can attend and what they will bring. I'll report here.

1 comment:

cellars wine club promotion code said...

It's great that you can now access almost everything online. You can easily sign up and enjoy the perks of being a member. You can also learn a lot about wines.